Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gerard's Regiment Part 2


Sunday brought good progress on the regiment with the base colors going on quickly and the flesh given a wash of Citadel "Flesh Wash." I also did a bit of further research on Gerard's and found the reenactment of the regiment in the Sealed Knot Society. Their blue coats are quite a dark navy shade and the unit wears yellow stockings. I'm not sure if they found the stocking color in a period reference or if is a modern choice, but it looks good so I'm going with it to give the unit an additional splash of color. Also, I'm going with a slightly brighter blue overall than a dark navy colorbecause I have always found dark blue a challenge to get right at the scale of a typical gaming figure.

these guys are about halfway to completion
Next comes highlighting and detailing and finally the flag....

4 comments:

Der Alte Fritz said...

I hope that we see some more of your SYW battle reports soon. Wonderful figurs and terrain that you have.

DeanM said...

Looking good; nice figures. Dean

Bluebear Jeff said...

The truth is that not much is known about ECW uniforms . . . and what little is known isn't necessarily true for the whole period.

I've read many times to be wary of re-enactors' uniforms . . . but absent any conflicting evidence, why not copy them if you like what they're wearing?

I look forward to seeing them when finished.


-- Jeff

littlejohn said...

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to get some 18th century gaming in soon...with such limited time that I have these days, it will have to be a smaller action.

--Dave