Monday, May 18, 2009

The Scots Arrive!



The newest addition to the Lead Garden's ECW collection, the beginnings of a Scottish brigade of Horse and Foot using Sash and Saber figures with some Romanov heads and the addition of lances for the cavalry. The Sash and Saber figures have weapons cast on to the hands but it was easy to clip the pistols off, drill the hands and add a lance. I also added some extra gear on the horse figures with green stuff to simulate a squadron of hard riding Scots horse. For the horse I swapped in some S&S and Romanov heads with older style continental style helmets for the usual lobster pot helmets that normally come with the S&S horse to get the right look for the Scottish horse.

There has been some talk on the 40mm S&S miniatures Yahoo group of Chris (the sculptor) doing a Jacobite highlander figure that would be useful for a number of periods and certainly he would have my vote on that one, but introducing new figures to a line is I'm guessing not all that simple a proposition but hopefully someday, and I'm thinking that the 42mm Irregular minis will work nicely as well (based on the beautiful Irregular stuff over at "For Ye Kinge")...but the current exchange rate is keepiong me from jumping in that direction....( well...to be truthful, my lovely wife has also requested a "slowdown" in metal purchases for a little while, so my sense of honor has to kick in at some point and respect her reasonable wishes! ;)... oh well...summer is a good time to catch up all those unpainted projects that are sitting here in their boxes.

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

They are brave-looking fellows indeed.


-- Jeff

old-tidders said...

Nicely converted and Well painted scots.

-- Allan

Fitz-Badger said...

Excellent! I've always been a bit of a fan of Montrose. Plus I always try to have some Scotties in any of my wargaming genres if they fit in reasonably - I think I'm not alone on that. :-)