Saturday, March 28, 2009

Green Jackets Part 2



Another shot of the shading on the 95th. This shows the figures with the first couple of layers of green shading. So now its a black under coat followed by a base coat of Citadel "Orkhide" Foundation paint. Then a wash of Citadel "Thrakla Green" wash. Then a mix of the base green with a touch or two of Vajello 70915 Deep Yellow to highlight the next layer followed by a final highlight of the base green and a bit of white. I may try another final bit of base really lightened on the highest creases but I'm not sure...the green looks right on the actual figures but this closeup looks a bit to light, so I'll probably leave it as is. The faces are Vajello medium fleshtone with a GW Flesh wash...this, when dry, will be highlighted by the medium fleshtone.

1 comment:

Fitz-Badger said...

Those look fine. I usually only do no more than 2 levels of highlights for most colors. With darker green I will usually keep the lightest highlights only on the very highest points. The main thing to me for gaming minis is that they look fine on the tabletop at gaming distance. :-)