Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Armies March

The English defend.
 I set up a new battle on my newly upgraded table (feels like a glorious 8'x5' after a few months relegated to the 6x4 dining table). This is actually the second battle but who's counting...
The defenders hold the bridge perimeter.
 In this scenario, I used a variation of the "Raid on St. Michel" campaign book (teaser 5) assuming a larger force holding a bridgehead and needing to hold the bridge open to get all its baggage (and loot) across the river while being attacked by a strong pursuing force.
Irish Regiment Bulkeley (now with a full compliment of 2 "companies" of 16 men) ...all that is lacking to be cast up is a mounted colonel, a second flag bearer and an NCO.

A church and walled graveyard dominate the center of the field

The French...Infanterie Regiment Lyonnais and a battalion gun on the flank facing a long march across an open field under the guns of the Brits.
I'm hoping to get this battle underway towards the end of the week...until then it remains set up. It makes me happy and reduces the end of the day work stress just looking at it, even if I don't get to roll some dice immediately.

5 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

I know the joy of having set up a game but not playing.The sense of anticipation of joys to come and a painting in 3D.
Enjoy looking and then playing.
cheers
Alan

Bluebear Jeff said...

It looks grand, sir.


-- Jeff

Stryker said...

That's a great look table set-up. You have some superb little soldiers there!

Mosstrooper said...

I like your old fashioned hills , I must get around to making some - are they foam or wood ?

littlejohn said...

Mosstrooper, The hills are foam but I'm always on the brink of "breaking totally O.S" and buying a jigsaw and some wooden boards and really making those hills. I even have a long term wish to do up some H.G. Wells style rectangular planks drilled in a grid for trees...but all that must wait for its time ;)....storage is the main problem with wood in any quantity.