Sunday, September 9, 2012

Return of "The Green Mile"!

It was bellwether day here at the Lead Gardens as I was granted an official letter of tolerance from the Grand Duchess to use our rarely used but much cluttered guest room as a place to set up a more permanent (...ok, "semi" permanent...) gaming table so I don't have to disrupt dining and homework operations on our family table any longer (and not have to travel to her store across town to use the back storage room). And to make it even sweeter, I now have a room with a door!...an all important feature now that we have a new and remarkably destructive rascal of a Siamese kitten in the household.

I have, in the past, been known to make a merry joke at my lovely wife's expense but this gift of space has made me a true believer in her ongoing benevolence.

So after a day of cleaning, I was able to set up the entire expanse of my "Green Mile" in all it's 8' x 5' of classic wargaming glory! This very hour I am setting up another scenario from C. Grant's "Raid on St. Michel (I do have the re-fight of the Battle of St. Michel promised last post already finished up too, but it will take a day or so to get it written up.)

7 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Congratulations on your successful campaign with the Grand Duchess (blessing be upon her)and the return of "The Green Mile".


-- Jeff

Mark Dudley said...

I too have been looking at the Grant books - tempted to try some of the Raid on Chiraz games - scaled to fit my 40mm collection of course.

Cheers

Capt Bill said...

Every gent needs a dedicated war room! Cannot wait to see it in action...

Capt Bill said...

Every gent needs a dedicated war room! Cannot wait to see it in action...

A J said...

A very nice set up. I hope you have many happy games there.

Mark Dudley said...

Looks like teaser 5 Heading Home could be the next game.

Cheers

littlejohn said...

Mark, You're quite right...teaser 5 it is...