Friday, August 3, 2012

Wargaming Bliss...

 When you live in my neck of the woods (Virginia USA), a package from the Royal Mail is always a good thing! A hefty batch of Spanish Civil War 15mm figs arrived a few days ago (BTW in great time...less than 2 weeks across the pond from order to delivery and a completely spot-on order...!) from Peter Pig (...many thanks guys!!).

It's like Christmas in July!
 What gamer worth his/her salt can't be salivating over a sight like this!...even my dear wife was impressed by the contents...her "wow, that's a lot in that box...!  ..."made all her past negative comments about my gaming expenditures fade into the past! (I call it the 15s effect...and it goes for 10s and 6s as well)...it always feels like riches when you open a shipment of 15s!

So for about $130. USD I was able to get a nice Spanish Civil War collection up and running doing both sides assuming one base=one company (100 men +-). Based four figures to a 40x40mm base will give me armies that will work for the "Portable Wargame" rules as well as such as AK47 Variant for SCW and Crossfire. So I am really getting back into this period after selling off all my 20mm SCW collection back in the late 90s (...in 20mm the best way to go is the beautiful  "Historical Products" line of SCW sculpted by the late David Alsop now sold by the very knowledgeable Pat Condray)
Nationalists
 I managed to get everything based up this evening and looking forward to a weekend of painting!
Republicans

 I just need a few more figures on the Republican side...and some Morrocans...and...well...you all know how it is...just a few more....
"Arriba Espania!"

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

My eyes are well past the point of my doing 15mm armies so I've never seen any Peter Pig figures . . . but I keep reading very good things about them from gamers in the blogosphere.

Enjoy them, sir, and have a great time on the table top.


-- Jeff

littlejohn said...

Jeff,

Yes they are a bit taxing to my eyes as well...but I'm going to give them a try for now...but if they are too small, I've got a late 19th century 40mm project "in the works" that I have been contemplating...(read, waiting for funds...;)...

A J said...

A nice treat for any gamer. Peter Pig are good chaps, I've dealt with them at shows in the UK.

Through economic necessity I've moved into 10mm from Pendraken Miniatures. Much like 15's it means big armies for a small price. And yes, like 15's, a few dozen bags of those really look like something. =)