Friday, July 8, 2011

...and the Up Side.

After a discouraging few days lamenting the demise of my paper buildings...I buckled down and repaired and rebuilt them all and on top of that, built a nice church (also available free at GHQ) that takes only about an hour to construct. I was able to get all the wrecked buildings back into shape and despite a few bent spots they don't look too bad. One of them had a hole torn in the roof which I just left and painted some fire damage and it looks pretty convincing. Adding some bits of clump foliage around the bases also makes a huge difference (especially with paper houses since it encourages your eye to perceive the flat surfaces as more three dimensional and less "papery")

So now I have experienced the full ups and downs of paper terrain...and hopefully I can keep that little monster away from my stuff till she gets a bit older!

5 comments:

Mosstrooper said...

Looking nice ! - need to be put on a high shelf

Bluebear Jeff said...

They look quite good, sir. Very usable indeed.


-- Jeff

Fitz-Badger said...

Nice recovery! A very high shelf! ha ha

Rodger said...

Good repair job. Church looks good too.

James said...

Nice tip adding the foundation plantings to help the paper models pop.
Looks good.