Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Gateway Drug

If there is an "old school" of board games PanzerBlitz must be it!
 (with some upgraded rules and counters it's not bad at all)
Here the 11th Panzer squares off with a Russian Tank Brigade


Given that I had sold most of my boardgames many years ago, and the fact that I love playing with "daddy's little men" as my son calls them. I would never have thought that board gaming resurgence would have occurred here at the Lead Gardens.

But I am here to tell you that the improbable has happened. Given that I have been unable to get any gaming or painting done for almost a year not to mention blogging, it turns out that boardgames have been the gateway drug that has brought me back from non-gaming oblivion. Since there are some great new game designs out there and many are quick to set up and play, I have used them to get back on the horse ….and now after a crazy couple of months of buying and re-collecting some of the classic titles, and even attending a boardgames con in nearby Charlottesville VA,  I have now started to eye my miniatures with renewed interest.

I'm about to order some of the new Prince August Seven Years War moulds now that summer is approaching and some outdoor casting sessions are becoming possible and hopefully soon some new units to paint.

Thanks to everyone who contacted me about my return to blogging and I'm really enjoying getting to look at all your great blogs again.

(The PB counters and Variant Rules can be found here and here)

11 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

I also enjoy boardgames, especially solo. They're something I can pull out and play at times when I'm lacking the mental energy for miniatures or when I just want a different gaming experience.

tradgardmastare said...

Great to hear from you here again.i am glad boardgaming has worked so well for you.I look forward to reading more about your gaming to come too.
Welcome Back!
Alan

tradgardmastare said...

Great to hear from you here again.i am glad boardgaming has worked so well for you.I look forward to reading more about your gaming to come too.
Welcome Back!
Alan

Mark Dudley said...

The new PA moulds look very good. My order is going in once the March Attack moulds are available.

Alan Charlesworth said...

I am so glad to see your blog in action again. Having read every entry you ever made I really missed reading it during your break in 2013.

I hope that you and your family are well and I look forward to reading your blog this year.

I too sold off a large collection of board wargames and have sometimes since regretted it. I am sure I will also end up rebuying some of the best items again.

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

Not much of a board gamer myself byt PB is a grand old game, I had a look at it again recently as the basis for a miniatures game.

Happy gaming of whatever type.

Disgruntled Fusilier said...

Love Panzerblitz! I have to admit, I never got rid of mine an from time to time, I'll break it out and play the "Mobile Defense" Battle (think it's scenario 1). Thanks for posting!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Panzer Blitz ... now there is a thought
Not opened the box up in a long, long time
Er, not even this century

Maybe I should do a little digging in tehe loft

Captain Nolan said...

Glad to see that you are back. For those interested in starting with the PA 40mm molds/figures, how would you recommend that a beginning caster get started?

Please drop by and visit my blog at: https://battlesandcampaigns.blogspot.com

I look forward to your reply.

Captain Nolan

RCA said...

like it!

Jack123 said...

The income tax department of India as we all know by the IT department allows every salaried and taxed citizen of India to file Income tax returns during December of every year, and the reason why you are suggested to file for a tax return is simply that to get a refund or request a refund on the taxes that you have overpaid on. Income Tax Return Forms Consider that over a period of year you have a period a certain amount of tax to government which was done via salary deduction by the Income-tax department, and now when you apply for the refund, the department will review your application and the types of refund you would be receiving.